Saturday 23 June 2012

The amazingness that was Bristol...

This academic year has been amazing. Beyond amazing. It's all felt so...right. Bristol and the iBAMH course came into my life when I needed them the most and so much has clicked into place since I moved here in October.

I'm not ready to leave. At the end of 7 years of high school or 3/5 years of university you feel like you're ready to move on. You experienced everything, seen everything and learnt enough that you feel it's time to progress onto the next stage of your life. A year isn't long enough to reach that point.

But I can't complain. I have grown so much as a person over the past 9 months. I feel more in tune with myself, I know what I want from my life. I feel like a better person. This time last year I was a wreck, trying to slog my way through resit revision when all I needed was rest and sleep. I've come so far.

And change is good. I'm going to go back to Birmingham and Medicine a different, much better person. Bristol will always have a place in my heart. I plan to move back when I'm older and live here. It's a wonderful city full of life and culture and, despite what some people thing, it's really very diverse. There's so much history here that with every step you can feel like you're experiencing someone else's life. And it has a river. I've realised that I feel very calm near water. How odd.

Thank you Bristol. Thank you for cradling me at a rough time. Thank you for helping me to grow and heal. And thank you to the people who I've spent this amazing year with, my course mates, the professors and tutors at the university and my flat mates. Thank you all for everything.

I'll be back :)

Lexie

2 comments:

  1. It so great to live somewhere you love, and so hard to leave! I am in a similar situation soon! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you've enjoyed this year as much as you have! Yeah, it's ending, but you'll always have it to look back on and draw strength from :).

    Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete

Comments :)